As a volunteer, you will participate in promoting Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital and the well-being of our patients, but you will also receive many personal benefits (listed below) that will last a lifetime.
- Free Parking
- Free Flu Shots
- Free Health Screenings
- Annual Blood Screen Test *
- Two General Meetings Each Year
- Summer Picnic
- Hospital Holiday Brunch
- Leadership Opportunities
- Fun, Fellowship, Friendship
* To be eligible for the Annual Blood Screen Test complements of the Jennie Edmundson Hospital PathLab, volunteers must serve at least 50 hours per year.
Our Adult Volunteer Program offers a variety of positions throughout the hospital to fit your interests and schedule. Placement depends on your skills, interests and our current opportunities.
- Gift Shop *
- Emergency Room *
- Information Desks
- Office Resources
- Oncology Waiting Room
- Outpatient Surgery
- Pharmacy Annex
* Evening and weekend shifts are available.
Special Events / Fund Raising
Spirit of Courage—August Volunteers are needed for the following positions on Saturday for the Golf Tournament: Caddies, Specialty Holes, Volunteer and Player Registration
For more information or to sign-up as a volunteer for the above special events, please contact Jill Killion at (712) 396-6040.
I'm Ready! What Are the Next Steps?
- Download and print the Volunteer Application.
- Call the Volunteer Services Department at (712) 396-6040 to schedule your interview and tour of the hospital.
- Bring the completed application with you to the interview or mail it to the address listed below.
- Schedule and attend an orientation session.
- This includes paying $10 fee for a new smock. Used smocks are also available for $5.
- During your orientation, you will have your photo taken by Human Resource for the required hospital ID.
- A Health Screening must be completed before you can begin volunteering at the hospital. You will be asked to contact the Employee Health nurse to schedule a time to have this done. The screening consists of a health questionnaire, vital signs, review of immunizations and a TB test.
- The Employee Health nurse will notify us when you are clear to begin your training. The Adult Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule your first training.
Please contact Jill Killion at (712) 396-6040 or for more information and to schedule your volunteer interview today!
Jennie Edmundson Hospital Volunteer Services Department
Attention Jill Killion
933 E Pierce Street
Council Bluffs IA 51503
Phone: (712) 396-6040